Mail: wineskinsnew@gmail.com



Daily Life of Worship: Lament As Worship

Friday, May 23, 2008

Lament As Worship

by Keith Brenton
05/23/2008 - Lament is not often a part of our gathered worship - except when we gather for the memorial services of those we love - but it has a legitimate place in our worship, public or private.

The book of Lamentations mourns the exile of Israel and the overturning of Jerusalem with deep passion and a sense of irretrievable loss. In the middle of the collection of recorded sorrows, like a flower in the desert, are these lines of dependence on God's mercy:

"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope:

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.

"They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

"I say to myself, 'The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him.'

"The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." ~ Lamentations 3:21-26











FREE NewsLetter Sign Up !

Please enter your Email and Name to join.

Digital Newsletter