Mail: wineskinsnew@gmail.com



Daily Life of Worship: Heaven

Friday, May 2, 2008

Heaven

by Keith Brenton
05/02/2008 - We sing a fair amount about heaven. We used to sing about it a lot more than we do now: Beautiful Isle of Somewhere. Beulah Land. Beyond This Land of Parting. Home of the Soul. Mansion Over the Hilltop. No Tears in Heaven. Sing to Me of Heaven. There is a Habitation. This World is Not My Home. To Canaan’s Land I’m On My Way. When We All Get to Heaven.

But it's a place that - even in the lyrical poetry of a hymn or the Revelation to John - is really hard to describe.

Jesus' words in John 14 were simple:

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." ~ John 14:1-4

He shared no physical descriptions: Just a house with many rooms. A place for us. And preceding it, a simple instruction:

"Trust in God. Trust also in me."











FREE NewsLetter Sign Up !

Please enter your Email and Name to join.

Digital Newsletter