Mail: wineskinsnew@gmail.com



Daily Life of Worship: The God Who Knows Us

Monday, May 5, 2008

The God Who Knows Us

by Keith Brenton
05/05/2008 - David, king of Israel, seemed to know how well he was known by his Creator when he wrote the 139th Psalm:

'O LORD, you have searched me
  and you know me.
You know when I sit and when I rise;
  you perceive my thoughts from afar.

You discern my going out and my lying down;
  you are familiar with all my ways.

Before a word is on my tongue
  you know it completely, O LORD.

You hem me in—behind and before;
  you have laid your hand upon me.

Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
  too lofty for me to attain.

Where can I go from your Spirit?
  Where can I flee from your presence?' ~ Psalm 139:1-7

Surely an inescapable God who knows His children so intimately and loves them so deeply deserves our praise, David reasons - and he declares his loyalty; his fealty to his God.

And he asks God to lead his life.











FREE NewsLetter Sign Up !

Please enter your Email and Name to join.

Digital Newsletter